Mixed fruit raitha is one dish you will always find in my get together menu. It is relished by everyone irrespective of ages, especially kiddos love it. Kids are usually finicky about eating spicy food, so I normally serve roti/paratha with this raitha. Trust me in no time their plate will be empty. This makes their Mommy’s happy and relieved. This is one good reason why I prepare this whenever we have guests at home. Let us now see how to make this easy-peasy mixed fruit raitha.
Ingredients from my pantry
- Onion (chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Tomatoes (chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Green Chillies (cut in to halves) – 2 nos
- Apple(peeled,chored, chopped) – 1/2
- Grapes (cut in to halves) – 12 nos
- Pomegranate – 1/4
- Thick Curd or Yogurt – 3/4 – 1 cup (as desired)
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Few sprigs of Cilantro/Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Add the above ingredients in a bowl and mix it well. Ensure that you don’t crush the fruits. Garnish it with cilantro leaves.
- Can add 5 tsp of Mango juice (Maaza/Slice).
- Add more water if you like it watery.
- You can use any vegetables or fruits in any combination. I have also made raitha with carrot(shredded),pineapple, raw mango, cucumber, jalepenos etc.
- Serve it with Biriyani, Pulao, Rotis, Parathas
- Raitha tastes extremely good when we use apple. Ensure that you peel off the skin.
- Remove green chilies before serving it to kids.