Atlast I had few good pieces left that could be used for fish fry. You can read my earlier post on fish curry, that could tell you why I didn’t have many pieces. We had rice, fish curry, fish fry and some curd rice. It was a perfect meal. I have used Gingerly oil, you could replace it with any oil of your choice. Fish usually tastes great with mustard oil or gingerly oil. When it comes to frying we can alternatively toast it in a toaster or conventional oven or even a microwave oven (it might smell though) and prepare an oil less fish fry. Will post the time and temperature details when I prepare it next time.
- King fish – 4 pieces
- Chili Powder – 3/4 tsp (Reduce or add as per your taste)
- Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Gingerly Oil – 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Clean and wash the fish thoroughly. I usually use turmeric and salt water to clean them.
- Mix chili powder, salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice. Massage the fish nicely with this mix. Put it in a freezer and marinate for 6-8 hrs or overnight. I found that, the more I marinated the better was the fish fry(its obvious 🙂 ).
- In a tawa add 1 tbsp of gingerly oil, when it is hot add curry leaves and fry. Then add fish, fry it until it is cooked well. Add more oil while frying. Flip it in a frequent interval to ensure that it is cooked on both the sides. This process will take 8-10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Serve it hot. Squeeze lime and garnish it with coriander.