The days between engagement and marriage are always special. Bride wears a new look as soon as the wedding is announced. Her cheek resembles a rosy apple most of the times from all the teasing from her family and friends. And she blushes to the fullest dreaming about the man of her life. Skyrocketing telephone bills and sleepless nights indicate that the bride and the groom are spending some quality time to know each other.This is what happened between V and me. Though we stayed thousands of miles apart until 10 days before the wedding, we spent hours talking to each other over phone and skype. Thank god there was something like VOIP. Otherwise we would have ended up paying the entire paycheck on our telephone bills 😀 Then the day came and V tied the nuptial knot. Wearing the Mangal sutra (holy thread), toe ring and vermilion made me a complete woman. It was a dream come true and I realized that marriages are indeed made in heaven.
In next few weeks, one of the most talented blogger is getting married. She is none other than Nithya of 4th Sense Cooking. She surprises me every time I land in her blog with her creativity and eye candy photographs. When Anamika wrote to me about hosting a virtual bridal shower I immediately agreed. What is more special than cooking her favorite food from her own blog. I chose Eggless Brownies to delight her virtually. Though I am late for the party I believe Nithi will love these eggless brownies made specially for her with lotsa love. Wishing you a very happy married life Nithi. May your marriage be filled with all the right ingredients: a heap of love, a dash of humor, a touch of romance, and a spoonful of understanding. May your joy last forever.
Bridal Shower guest list
Anamika Arun – Taste Junction
Krithi – Krithi’s Kitchen
Priya Mitharwal – Mharo Rajasthan Recipes
Priya Mahadeven – Priyas Now Serving
Priya Suresh – Priya easy n tasty recipes
Priya Sreeram – Bon Appetit
Radhika – Tickling Palates
Revathy – Kaarasaaram
Sanjeeta – Lite Bite
Vardhini – Zesty Palette
How it tasted?
How do you like your brownies. I like mine to be cakey, moist and chocolaty. If this is your definition for a good brownie and you want it to be eggless then you have come to the right place. This is a fool-proof recipe for an eggless brownie and it will never fail you. Go ahead and make it for your loved ones. I assure you they will love it as we did.
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Brush 8x8 pan (I have used pyrex glass pan) generously with butter.
- In a small bowl add apple cider vinegar/vinegar, milk and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Grind sugar in a spice grinder/mixie
- In a large bowl, sift All purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Add instant coffee powder to milk and stir well.
- In another bowl, add grated chocolate and oil. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add it to the milk mixture and stir well.
- Now add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients(sifted mixture). Stir it well with a spatula until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add coarsely chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake it for 25 minutes. Don\\\'t forget to lick the batter. It is undoubtedly finger-licking good :D Yumm.
- Allow it to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and allow it to cool little longer, I know you would have lost your patience already. Cut into slices and enjoy these irresistible eggless brownies.