(Disclaimer: Some or Most modern men wouldn’t fit in to these lines.)
“And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lin’d,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part.“
How beautifully Shakespeare has written about the middle aged men. In this stages of life man tends to have a round belly but still they appear neat with formals and trimmed beard They are full of ego, feel superior and assume they are knowledgeable. This is what the poet wrote Now, think about a man between 35-55 years and read the above lines again.
I don’t want to get into a debate now if this is true or not. Let me come back to this month’s event. When I was trying to associate this stage with the event of the month(Lunch box Ideas), I had a hard time in deciding the title. So I started listing the props that these men would use, and this is what first came in my mind ‘TIFFIN BOX or LUNCH BOX’. My imagination was only limited to this.. lol. This is why I posted a Guess game in my blog, to know what you all think these Middle aged men would use. And Thanks for the interesting answers each one of you gave.
According to wiki:
“Tiffin is lunch, or any light meal. It originated in British India, and is today found primarily in Indian English.The word originated when Indian custom superseded the British practice of an afternoon dinner, leading to a new word for the afternoon meal”
Lunch box is usually referred as Tiffin box in India.
The rules of this event are fairly simple.
- Post any lunch box recipe between now and 5th March 2009 11.59 pm EST.
- It could be a simple meal or an eloborate 4 course meal (Ideal for the 4 tier tiffin box ).
- It would be nice if you can make them healthy.
- You can use any ingredient and send me as many entries you want.
- Link to My Event announcement and Sudeshna’s Cook like a bong (co-host of this event) page.
- No worries if you have the recipes in your archives. You can repost or update the post with a link to my event announcement and Sudeshna’s Cook like a bong page.
- Do not have a blog, you can still participate in this event. All you need to do is send me your recipe in the Word (doc,docx,rtf) format with a picture of your dish.
- Send me your entries with the subject line as ‘Food for 7 stages of Life – Tiffin Box(35-55 yrs)’ with the below details to foodfor7stagesoflife(at)gmail(dot)com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Blog Name:
URL of the recipe:
Picture of your recipe (Optional)
It would be nice if you can
- Display the logo of the event.
Winner & Giveaways**** Going forward the winner will be chosen by Raffle method or through Random.org, this is applicable from Kids Special Event. This decision was made due to some bad experience with the polling method.
- 12 of you will enter a mega raffle that would be conducted at the end of the series, of which 7 will be the winner of each month and 5 will be randomly picked up. The winner will receive a surprise gift. It will be shipped across the world. The Winner of the previous editions are Sandhya Hariharan of Sandhya’s Kitchen and Sadhana & Muskaan of A2Z Vegetarian Cuisine, Nisha of Nisha’s Kitchen .
- There is no more surprise as I have a beautiful gift to share. The Winner of this event series will receive “The BloggerAid Cookbook” and it will be shipped across the world.
- It is not done yet. Sudeshna came up with a wonderful idea that we should compile the event series into an e-book. So your recipes will feature in this e-book which will be available for free download at the end of this event. The e-book will have a short write up on each author and a special article on the winner of the series. Ofcourse we need your consent to publish your recipe in our e-book.