I am still experiencing the post-holiday blues. Are you experiencing the same? Are you still thinking about the time spent with your family, friends or kids at a skiing resort or a theme park or even at home sweet home? Does it make your heart feel heavy? These are the symptoms when holidays come to an end and we enter into the fast paced part of our life. In this part of our life everything needs to be done so quickly and squeezed into our daily routine. There is no time to hug or cook an elaborate meal for our loved one. On the 7 stages of life perspective man enters this stage as soon he turns 25. This continues until he turns 34 when he is tired of running around for wealth and fame. In this stage of life (s)he hardly finds any time to cook or even eat a proper meal and eventually switches to fast foods. As per wiki and other sources, fast food is considered to be really unhealthy as they are prepared with cheap and high fat ingredients. So let us BREAK THE RULES and cook something healthy. So this edition of FF7SL event is dedicated to ‘HEALTHY FAST FOOD’. The rules are very simple:
- Post any fast food recipe between now and 5th February 2009 11.59 pm EST.
- Preparation and Cooking time should NOT exceed 30 minutes. The preparation of fast food chutneys, soaking and cooking legumes can be excused.
- Prepare an healthier version of your favorite fast food.
- You can use any ingredient and send me as many entries you want.
- Link to My Event announcement and Sudeshna’s Cook like a bong page.
- No worries if you have the recipes in your archives. You can repost or update the post with a link to my event announcement and Sudeshna’s Cook like a bong page.
- Do not have a blog, you can still participate in this event. All you need to do is send me your recipe in the Word (doc,docx,rtf) format with a picture of your dish.
- Send me your entries with the subject line as ‘Food for 7 stages of Life – Healthy Fast Food(25-34 yrs)’ with the below details to foodfor7stagesoflife(at)gmail(dot)com / email@example.com
Your Blog Name:
URL of the recipe:
Picture of your recipe (Optional)
It would be nice if you can
- Display the logo of the event.
Winner & Giveaways
**** Going forward the winner will be chosen by Raffle method or through Random.org, this is applicable from Kids Special Event. This decision was made due to some bad experience with the polling method.
- 12 of you will enter a mega raffle that would be conducted at the end of the series, of which 7 will be the winner of each month and 5 will be randomly picked up. The winner will receive a surprise gift. It will be shipped across the world. The Winner of the previous editions are Sandhya Hariharan of Sandhya’s Kitchen and Sadhana & Muskaan of A2Z Vegetarian Cuisine.
- There is no more surprise as I have a beautiful gift to share. The Winner of this event series will receive “The BloggerAid Cookbook” and it will be shipped across the world.
- It is not done yet. Sudeshna came up with a wonderful idea that we should compile the event series into an e-book. So your recipes will feature in this e-book which will be available for free download at the end of this event. The e-book will have a short write up on each author and a special article on the winner of the series. Ofcourse we need your consent to publish your recipe in our e-book.