Here goes the Rava Laddoo recipe for the Indian Cooking Challenge and its my birthday special too. This recipe is a tested recipe given by the host (Srivalli) of this event.
- Rava/Semolina - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 25 gm or little more than 1 3/4 tbsp
- Milk - 25 ml / 1 1/8 tbsp (I actually added 4-5 tbsp as the mix was very dry)
- Raisins - 10 nos
- Cashew nut - 10 whole nuts
- Cardamon Powder - 1 pinch
- Ghee - 25 gm or little more than 1 3/4 tbsp
- In a kadai, heat 2 tsp of ghee. Once the ghee is hot enough reduce the flame and fry the cashews and raisins until the raisins balloon up. Remove.
- Roast the grated coconut until it blends with the ghee. Remove. Amma says we shouldn't fry coconut for long time as it is unhealthy.
- Now add the remaining ghee and roast the rava. Remove from flame when the aroma comes out.
- In a bowl add raisins, cashews, coconut, rava, cardamon powder and mix it well. Please be cautious as it might be really hot.
- Add sugar and mix it well.
- Now add warm milk in to the bowl. Check if you are able to gather as balls. When you find that milk added is enough to get you laddoos, transfer it back to the kadai and cook in sim for 2 minutes. Mix well and then cover it and let it rest for 2 minutes. Then immediately make balls or laddoos.
- Yummy rava laddoos are ready to serve.
I am glad to submit this dish for the Indian Cooking Challenge! Thanks Srivalli for inviting me to be part of this event.