- Chickpeas/Channa (Brown) – 1 cup
- Coconut (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Whole Urad dhal – 1 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds and Cumin Seeds for Seasoning
- Curry leaves – 1 strand
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves(chopped) – 2 tbsp [optional]
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Add water, chickpeas, salt and pressure cook up to 5 whistles.
- Heat 3/4 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, once it stops spluttering add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add Urad dhal, Sesame seeds.
- Add chickpeas and fry for 3-5 minutes. Add salt if necessary.
- Add finely chopped coconut and fry it for 15-20 seconds. (Frying coconut for long time is not good for health)
- Add cilantro leaves.
- You can also add onions and green chillies before adding chickpeas.